IT Cybersecurity Specialist (Application Software/Information Security) GS-7/9/11/12
Apply online through 12/8/2022 at: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/690779700
This position is open to US Citizens or Nationals.
This is not a remote work opportunity. Positions may be located in Indianapolis, IN, Cleveland, OH or Columbus, OH. Telework may be authorized in the local commuting area.
Analyzes functional and technical requirements of proposed or existing IT systems to determine avenues of development or modification necessary to meet mission objectives
Participates in systems requirement reviews and coordinates with customer/functional representatives and other technical personnel to clarify requirements.
Prepares system change/programming specifications, and specifies programming instructions, inputs and outputs, structures, and other analytical products to document the functional and technical requirements.
Prepares and executes tests for system or subsystem software validation.
Performs staff assignments related to IT project planning, monitoring, and/or coordinating systems life cycle functions.
Knowledge of advanced programming techniques and high level computer languages (ex. COBOL, ADA, C, Job Control Language, etc.) to analyze system specifications, prepare documentation, test systems, modify systems, diagnose and correct errors.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Suitable for Federal Employment
- Registered for Selective Service (if applicable)
- Cyber-Security Certification required as a condition of employment
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
Resumes for federal government positions need more detailed work descriptions and accomplishments than a typical private sector resume. Please be sure to clearly describe the full scope of your work experiences in your resume.
Basic Requirement: Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating the following competencies appropriate to, or above, the level of this position. For vacancies below the full-performance level of the position, the basic requirement will be evaluated on a developmental basis. Your resume and work experience should clearly support your ability to meet these competencies and will be evaluated as part of the entire application process.
GS-07 through GS-11
- Attention to Detail -experience reviewing my own information technology-related work or data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency with standards. My work or the data that I produce is typically reviewed by my supervisor or another colleague
- Customer Service - experience having brief contact with customers to provide information about available information technology products and services and providing customers with standard products or routine services to address information technology needs
- Oral Communication - experience informing my supervisor and other IT staff of the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the communication of basic technical information to a non-technical audience
- Problem Solving - identifying or selecting from a number of alternatives to address routine information technology-related issues by gathering and applying information from standard sources that provide a limited number of solutions
- Attention to Detail- experience reviewing my own information technology-related work or data and have been asked by others to review their work or data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency with standards
- Customer Service - experience maintaining relationships with customers, assessing current information technology needs of customers, and developing or identifying information technology products and services that are tailored to meet customer needs
- Oral Communication -briefing mid-level management and IT staff on the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the communication of technical information to a non-technical audience
- Problem Solving - identifying alternatives to address complex information technology-related issues by gathering and applying information from a variety of sources that provide a number of potential solutions
In addition to the Basic Competency Requirements listed above: One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade in the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required. Specialized experience for each grade level is described as follows:
GS-07 Specialized experience is described as: Developing policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data.
GS-09 Specialized experience is described as: Analyzing and refining systems requirements; applying basic IT principles and practices; providing input to design specifications, testing plans, and issue resolution of an automated systems. Demonstrating basic-level web programming knowledge C#.NET or C++ or VB.NET or Java or Python.
GS-11 Specialized experience is described as: Providing development, operation and system modification and support of an organization's major automation information systems and software; demonstrating intermediate-level web programming knowledge C#.NET or C++ or VB.NET or Java or Python and applying information systems concepts and methods sufficient to review proposed new system changes and software designs.
GS-12 Specialized Experience is defined as: Providing development, operation and system modification and support of an organization's major automation information systems and software; demonstrating expert-level web programming knowledge C#.NET or C++ or VB.NET or Java or Python and applying information systems concepts and methods sufficient to review proposed new system changes and software designs.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For more information or to apply visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/690779700