Software Engineer, Controls (Hybrid) - Ventrac
Who Are We?
Ventrac, located in Orville, Ohio, is a division of The Toro Company. Ventrac is a premier innovator of equipment for turf and landscape grounds management, sidewalk snow removal, and specialty grounds care maintenance. Built for performance with quality to last, Ventrac equipment is ideal for golf course turf management, sports fields, collegiate campuses, residential and commercial property maintenance, and public green spaces.
Develop controls software for mobile machinery. Includes, but not limited to, system design, software development, hardware selection, and safety functions.
What Will You Do?
In order to grow and build a successful career with The Toro Company, you will be responsible for:
- Design machine control systems and develop software applications for turf equipment.
- Perform coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting throughout the development process.
- Participate in component selection.
- Design and execute test scenarios for simulation and on hardware, including HIL.
- Assure designs and documentation meet applicable regulatory requirements and safety standards
Note: The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company.
What Do You Need?
To be considered for this role, an individual should meet the following minimal requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or proven experience in the fields of Computer Science, Computer Systems, Software, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong proficiency in C/C++ programming language, particularly as applicable to machine controls.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Experience developing software and controls for the mobile machinery, agriculture, automotive, or related fields.
- Experience completing risk assessments, meeting functional safety requirements, and designing safety-critical systems.
- Proficiency with additional software languages commonly used in machine controls.
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems.
What Can We Give You?
At Ventrac we are always working to make sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, an affordable and top tier medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits – Ventrac offers employees at our Orrville, OH location a variety of perks, including:
Dress for your day- We know you're more productive when you're comfortable, which is why employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, office-plant blended environment.
Location – Located in the heart of Orrville, a small town with a busy manufacturing industry, we have a family-like work atmosphere. We are around 10 minutes from U.S. Route 30 and Route 585 for easy travel.
Flexible Work Arrangements – This team is currently implementing a hybrid work schedule. The opportunity to collaborate in the office and work from home part-time, has promoted team-building and flexibility.
Onsite amenities– With two onsite cafes and large break rooms, we have a convenient and comfortable area for breaks and lunches. We have around 350 employees and are always growing. We have newer, high-quality facilities (built from 2014-2018) and an exceptionally clean manufacturing work environment.
Wellness- In addition to physical wellbeing, The Toro Company offers a variety of mental health, financial health, and other types of resources to every full-time employee.
Volunteerism- The Toro Company is proud to provide employees 20 hours of paid time to volunteer in the community.
Growth Opportunities – TTC prides itself on giving our employees the chance to grow their careers. Tuition reimbursement, opportunities to move into new areas of interest, and promotion opportunities are a few examples.
Competitive Salary– Salary will be determined by experience and qualifications.
Ventrac is a growth-oriented company located in Orrville, Ohio. Our team is dedicated to excellence through innovation, a strong work ethic and quality workmanship. Join the Ventrac Team who feels passionate about the products we build for commercial lawn care use. We believe our employees are truly the most valuable asset. We are known for our culture of respect and collaboration, which can be measured by our low turnover, open communication, and the excitement in the air.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.