Summer 2023 Internship | Data Science Intern
Summer 2023 Internship | Data Science Intern
2023 Summer Internship | Data Science Intern
School Year: Graduate Students
Length of Internship: June 1st, 2023 – August 4th, 2023
Camping World is looking for a Data Science intern for the summer of 2023 to work closely with the department. As an intern, you will assist with the daily operations and gain a first-hand experience. We are looking for someone who is driven, has experience in information technology, web development, software development and wants to be immersed in a real-world experience. If you are eager to learn, have a strong interest and want to further develop yourself as a professional; this is the ideal role for you. This role is a full-time, paid, 6-month internship that will offer a great opportunity to work alongside professionals in your desired field.
- Use various programming software to organize and analyze data
- Intern will partner with the DMO (Data Management Office) team which would include the following task/assignments.
- 1. Data Validation - comparing and verifying reports metrics
- 2. Data Engineering - Small engineering tasks which will require sql and python skills
- 3. Data Analysis - prove or disprove hypothesis using data analytics and visualization skills
- 4. Data Science - Partner with CW data Scientists on data forecasting/anomaly detection
- 5. Business Acumen - This would be a great opportunity to learn various aspects of automotive, retail and Digital business.
- Complete software development in collaboration with data scientists, data engineers, solution architects, data engineers, managerial and leadership roles
- Spot insights based on trends, challenges and opportunities in the camping industry and ecosystem
- Handle data requests from the business
- Explore new datasets
- Take on individual special projects as needed to enhance your knowledge and skills
- In pursuit or a recent graduate with a Master’s degree in Data Science or Statistics
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Office: Suite: (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with software and web development
- Excellent troubleshooting, data interpreting, and technical skills
- Knowledge in Information technology (databases, system security, trouble shooting, etc.)
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor and strict confidentiality
- Must be diligent, organized, and extremely detail-oriented
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills and passion for data analytics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic with research and note-taking skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with ability to multitask
Camping World is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, veteran or uniformed service-member status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
About Camping World
Camping World Holdings, Inc., headquartered in Lincolnshire, IL, (together with its subsidiaries) is America's largest retailer of RVs and related products and services. Our vision is to build a long-term legacy business that makes RVing fun and easy, and our Camping World and Good Sam brands have been serving RV consumers since 1966. We strive to build long-term value for our customers, employees, and shareholders by combining a unique and comprehensive assortment of RV products and services with a national network of RV dealerships, service centers and customer support centers along with the industry's most extensive online presence and a highly trained and knowledgeable team of associates serving our customers, the RV lifestyle, and the communities in which we operate. We also believe that our Good Sam organization and family of programs and services uniquely enable us to connect with our customers as stewards of the RV enthusiast community and the RV lifestyle. With RV sales and service locations in 42 states, Camping World has grown to become the prime destinations for everything RV. A career at Camping World is more than a job; it is the chance to make a difference in the RV and outdoor community. Camping World is growing, this is your opportunity.