New Business intern, Agriculture, Resilience, and Water (ARW)
Position Title: New Business intern, Agriculture, Resilience, and Water (ARW)
Location: USA, Remote.
Department: Agriculture, Resilience, and Water
The Agriculture, Resilience, and Water (ARW) team is seeking a New Business intern for a minimum 3-month, full-time paid internship. The internship requires a dynamic, detail-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can learn and take on research and writing tasks related to sourcing opportunities and developing proposals for donor-funded international development projects. The position is an entry-level opportunity to gain hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of the international development field and within the field, the critical functions of business development and project design. This role will support ARW’s existing portfolios and areas of expertise in Market Systems, Food Security, Climate Adaptation, Community Resilience, and Water Security.
This internship will be a fully remote position OR hybrid position based in our Crystal City office. The candidate must be in the United States.
- Conduct market analysis to identify and validate new and diverse business opportunities.
- Research funding opportunities within ARW’s areas of expertise (from USAID and USDA, as well as other governmental and multilateral funders) and conduct competitor analysis.
- Support the proposal development process through the preparation, writing, and editing of pre-capture analysis, organizational capabilities statements, country fact sheets, and CVs of proposed key personnel; support recruitment/staffing processes; and assist with other new business functions as designated.
- Support coordination, scheduling, facilitation, and note-taking for technical design meetings and other new business strategy sessions.
- Assist with tracking database updates and other administrative tasks in support of new business efforts.
- Coordinate and streamline business development information on behalf of ARW management and senior staff.
- Other new business research/operational assistance, as needed and available.
Qualifications and Background:
- Recent BA or MA graduate. Alternatively, current MA student available to work full time.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Exceptional writing and other communications skills.
- Interest and passion in ARW’s project work in agriculture, food security, policy/enabling environment, economic growth, climate adaptation, and/or sustainable water resource management as demonstrated through relevant coursework, research, work, internship, and/or volunteer experience.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, ability to think critically and work independently.
- Knowledge of international development concepts and funding environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint).
- Proficiency in a second language strongly preferred.
- Experience writing or contributing to grant applications/proposals preferred.