Provides direct oversight and care of Intensive/Residential clients to insure appropriate and necessary client medical and psychiatric services. Supervises and directs the Medication Management of clients while providing consultation and review of all referrals to insure appropriate attention to client needs
Essential Responsibilities and Target Outcomes:
· Supervises the provision of medication monitoring/administration to program staff by writing monthly MAR sheets (Residential Only), training staff and participating in weekly team meetings to review client related medical and medication issues.
· Completes Nursing Health assessments and medication reconciliation for clients
· Works collaboratively with treatment team to provide clients with holistic treatment approach.
· Reviews and assesses referrals to Intensive/Residential programs for medical and psychiatric appropriateness by discussing with Clinical Director, Prescriber, and assisting staff with development of treatment plans.
· Assesses physical health of all clients and provides screenings to ensure compliance with regulation and appropriate triage and referral.
· Tracks program compliance with all Joint Commission, DPH, DCF, other licensing and regulatory agencies and Q.I. projects that pertain to client medical status.
· Provides medical and psychiatric education to clients and their families by conducting individual, group and family meetings at program sites and in the community as well as providing documentation to the client’ medical record of all nursing interventions.
· Conducts home visits, as needed to assess clients and engage clients in coordinated/managed primary and behavioral health treatment.
· Conducts medical/health/wellness assessment on clients to identify health care needs; develops health care goals/objectives as part of the treatment plan.
· Works with clinicians to develop initial treatment plan and to ensure achievement of health/wellness goals and objectives for all BHH enrollees.
· Consults with other treatment team members about identified health conditions. Coordinates need for transportation and care coordination support with case managers.
· Provides care management and health consultation to clients; develops wellness, health promotion & prevention initiatives and facilitates health education groups.
· Collaborates and coordinates care with all primary and specialty care providers to arrange for care as dictated by the treatment plan.
· Assists in coordination of care with medical providers, health care agencies, specialty providers and hospitals for admission and discharge.
· Provides trainings on medical disease, treatments & medications to clients and staff, as needed. · Tracks required health care assessment and screenings.
· Monitors HIT tools & reports for treatment, medication alerts and hospital admissions/discharges. · Provides 24 hour on call coverage to clients, as needed.
· All other duties as assigned.
Education: Registered Nurse diploma from an accredited School of Nursing or equivalent RN with BSN preferred.
Credentials and Licenses: RN Licensure in the State of Connecticut. Valid Connecticut Driver’s License
Experience: 3-5 years of nursing experience in primary care, with some experience in behavioral health; knowledge of psychiatric illness and substance abuse. Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office products including Word and Outlook. Experience in/ability to use and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system, which includes appointment scheduling, authorization tracking
Salary range: $70-80,000 (DOE)