5th Grade Math/Science Teacher
*If interested in applying to the position, please apply directly to the posting on the district website.
Effective immediately, a vacancy exists for a 5th Grade Math/Science Teacher for the Norristown Area School District located at Stewart Middle School.
- PA Certification in Elementary K-6
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Must be courteous and able to deal effectively with people
- Must be cooperative, congenial, and self-motivated
- Ability to complete task and run a classroom with minimal supervision
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide an appropriate program of education and training for the students.
- Utilize the abilities, skills and talents of all members of team to the fullest in educating the students.
- Prepare lesson plans in accord with the students' IEPs.
- Administer individual diagnostic tests to assess the students' educational achievement.
- Provide classroom management based on principles of child development and behavior modification techniques.
- Submit quarterly student progress reports to parent and district of residence administrator.
- Work effectively with the all members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Develop professional relationships and a supportive climate which facilitates mainstreaming the special education student.
- Keep up to date attendance records and child tracking data on each enrolled student.
- Assume additional duties as assigned by program supervisor.
7.5 hours/ day
2022-2023 salary schedule, prorated accordingly:
Bachelor's - $50,513 - $53,505 (Step 3)
Bachelor's + 24 - $53,573 to $57,148(Step 3)
Master's - $56,551 to $60,708(Step 3)
Master's + 15 - $58,953 to $63,317(Step 3)
Master's + 30 - $61,354 to $65,928(Step 3)
Master's + 45 - $61,812 to $66,395 (Step 3)
Doctorate/Master's + 60 - $62,267 to $66,862 (Step 3)