Product Specialist Intern - HPC Storage
Product Specialist Intern - HPC Storage
This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office.
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Data is exploding from connected devices, simulations that are running faster and longer than ever before, and sensors that are gathering information around the clock in locations around the world, and out in space. HPC, or high-performance computing, allows us to process the data when time is a critical element—for example, getting next year’s car models through crash tests in time for their September announcement, or modelling a hurricane track in time to evacuate people in the way. The data associated with high-performance computing and demand for products that allow us to store it safely is actually growing faster than the compute products using it.
Over the last few years, we’ve expanded our HPC storage and data portfolio based on Lustre and DMF, to add products based on IBM’s Spectrum Scale parallel file system. Today we’re positioned with a broad foundation of HPC Storage products that allows us to expand the HPC and AI opportunities that we can address. Now we need the people and expertise, particularly on Spectrum Scale, to capture this expanding market.
Members of this team are the technical experts representing HPC Storage products to our customers and partners, often delivering pre=sales presentations to key customers and supporting the field sales teams. They provide technology consulting to external customers and internal sales teams, creating and delivering technology solutions designed to meet customers’ business needs. The team works closely with Product Management and Engineering to understand the capabilities of current and future products to guide customers to the optimal implementation to meet their needs. The team must develop and maintain knowledge of the related leading-edge technologies in order to offer complete solutions to customer requirements. They also provide input to the development process on product requirements based on their interaction with customers.
* Works with sales teams and customers to understand the business and technical objectives for the current and future storage infrastructure needs.
* Designs detailed technical solutions for HPC storage projects based on customer needs analysis, with particular focus on Spectrum Scale.
* Solving technical issues that have been escalated from the field or support organization by working closely with Engineering as needed.
* Provides the technical direction required to resolve complex issues to ensure the on-time delivery and acceptance of solutions that meet customer requirements.
* Provides advanced technical consulting input for pre-sales solution design proposals.
* Provides consulting advice to customer senior IT leadership and sets strategic direction for customers based on the company's solutions and products.
* Works with peers outside immediate organization to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and/or develops new solutions yet works independently to drive technical problems to a solution.
* Regularly produces published material such as white papers, blogs, etc. which enhances the reputation of the product and company.
* Regularly presents at multi- customer technology conferences.
* Supports sales activities. Provides strategies, ideas, and collateral for sales. Leads production of proposals, working across the company departments, for complex customer solutions.
+ Deliver technical training to HPE pre-sales and support, and customers
+ Create and update training materials where existing materials are insufficient.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelors degree 2nd year of Master's program completed.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBTand Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Careers at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | Hewlett Packard Enterprise jobs
Hpe Range Of Careers. In the cloud, the possibilities are endless. Find the perfect career opportunity for you.
#Interns #UnitedStates #University
States with Pay Range Requirement
Pursuant to legal requirements in the states listed below, the expected salary/wage range for this position in the listed states is provided below. Actual offer may vary from this range based upon geographic location, work experience, education/training, and/or skill level. Bonus, commission, and/or equity incentives may also be offered. Information about employee benefits offered can be found at https://myhperewards.com/main/new-hire-enrollment.html.
Annual salary disclosure applies to these states:
Hourly: $35.33 - $45.14
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.