2022 Non-Summer/Summer Internship - Business Development - Remote
Under general supervision, perform a variety of duties, which could include, but not limited to:
- Conduct mining industry research. Prepare reports and market updates related to the international mining business for including public market valuations, share performance, copper production and projects, M&A and mining industry developments and research reports.
- Review and/or prepare analysis and interpret results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation to complex valuation and life of mine models.
- Assist Business Development Director or Manager with management of corporate and government affairs, including the promotion and development of mining law reforms internationally, preparing management presentations for industry stakeholders, and reviewing/preparing corporate communication with government authorities, Mining Association, and other stakeholders.
- Assist Business Development Director or Manager with managing business transactions, including due diligence and coordinating with multiple discipline teams, including legal, financial and technical personnel on project evaluation, execution and integration processes. Support management of international business relations of company’s strategic partners.
- Full-time student currently enrolled in an appropriate Bachelor's degree program at an accredited four-year university; OR
- Recent college graduate having graduated within 12 months prior to internship start date with an appropriate Bachelor's degree; OR
- Full-time student currently enrolled in a Masters of Business Administration or Economics program at an accredited university
- Skills to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Computer skills to use databases to research, maintain and update records and files