Staff Professional I - Civil, Geotechnical, Geological, Tunnel, Trenchless Engineering
Lithos Engineering is seeking a Staff Professional I
Lithos Engineering was formed with the vision of serving our communities by providing our clients and their projects with recognizable value through prudent site evaluations, constructible solutions, and an understanding of project risks. Lithos focuses on geotechnical, tunnel, trenchless, and geological engineering and design services through innovative, collaborative, client focused consulting uniquely tailored to suit the needs of our clients and their projects.
· Posting and interviews: 11/21/2022 – 4/1/2023
· Anticipated start: Negotiable with qualified candidate. Spring 2023 preferred.
The Staff Professional I role is an entry-level position suited for obtaining experience in the field of practice (geotechnical, geological, and tunnel/trenchless design), learning the fundamentals of field and office tasks, developing professional communication and collaboration protocols, while implementing tasks with significant supervisor mentorship and colleague support.
Part-time applicants meeting these qualifications will be considered as interns. The ideal intern will be available full-time during summer and part time (up to 16 hours per week) during other months.
Duties and Responsibilities (by estimated percent of time):
- Perform and document geotechnical investigations including civil geotechnical drilling, well construction, field mapping, communicating with subcontractors, and other field work with the purpose of obtaining geotechnical data (50%).
- Create design and construction drawings using AutoCAD and other graphic software under the supervision of a Professional-level or above staff (30%).
- Record project-related activities (primarily tunnel or geotechnical construction inspection) by documenting observed field and office activities using electronic and written means (10%).
- Perform geotechnical, tunnel, and trenchless design calculations using Mathcad, Excel, and geo-oriented software under the supervision of a Professional Engineer (5%).
- Provide other tasks to support project engineers and project managers (5%).
Note: Candidates meeting or exceeding the “Preferred” criteria may be considered for an alternate position
· Field tasks will be performed in all reasonable working conditions:
o Temperatures 0 - 100 degrees Fahrenheit
o Winds < 60 mph
o Clear to wet
o Lifting loads up to 50+ pounds may be required several times per day (i.e. lifting supplies/samples in and out of company trucks)
o Tasks may require occasional travel on steep/uneven terrain and in confined spaces for durations up to 12 hours per day.
o With prior communication, tasks may require rare non-standard business hours/working days such as night or weekend shifts.
· Office tasks will be performed in individual cubicle spaces with communal areas.
o All relevant precautions will be taken for COVID or other extreme events, including work from home.
o Outside of COVID and field tasks, employees are expected in the office between general hours of 9 AM to 5 PM.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience. The Staff Professional 1 compensation ranges from $50,000 – 65,000 full time or $25 - 31 hourly part time. Full time employee benefits include paid PTO, health insurance, retirement savings, and gym and cell phone reimbursement. The ideal candidate will fill the position located in Denver, CO.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Adisa Husejnovic at Adisa@LithosEng.com