Student Trainee (Life Science/Engineering/Physical Science) - R7
This position is in Region 7, Superfund & Emergency Management Division.
The location will be determined after a selection has been made for this position; if selected, you must work at one of the locations stated in this announcement. Salary will be based on the grade level for which you are selected and the duty location.
About Region 7: Region 7
At the GS-4 grade level, you will:
- Perform basic assignments pertaining to the scientific missions of the organization. Assignments are simple and involve clear steps and processes.
- Select appropriate methods and procedures for assignments based upon previous assignments or instructions.
- Assist senior staff, project officers, analytical staff, and other staff as necessary.
- Assist in the performance of other standardized support duties such as the collection of literature references and the organization of files.
- Assist with routine steps in science studies and regulatory/compliance work.
- Support higher-graded staff in planning for program management of environmental programs.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations).