At CMS, we believe that at the core of our organization are the employees that carry out the Agency’s vision of advancing health equity, expanding coverage, and improving health outcomes.
This position will be in direct support of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022. This new law allows Medicare to negotiate drug prices, caps out-of-pocket spending for prescription drugs in Medicare, and gives more Americans access to affordable health insurance coverage at HealthCare.gov.
About the role:
As a Research Analyst (Social Science Research Analyst on USAJOBS), you will perform program and policy analyses of services provided by HHS programs.
$68,299 - $88,792 per year. This is the BASE salary for this position. Final pay will be determined by experience and locality.
What you'll do:
- Develop and conduct analyses to identify and understand the needs and preferences of HHS health and human services programs and the populations they serve.
- Plan and perform activities involved in conducting surveys of program populations.
- Design, analyze, implement, and interpret studies regarding the influence of communications about disease and therapy.
- Represent the organization at briefings and other meetings regarding the justification and approval of specific projects.
Where we're hiring:
This is a remote position; however, the position reports to a CMS Office on a periodic basis (e.g. 1-2 times per year). Requirements to report to the office will vary and can be discussed at the time of interview.
Experience we're looking for:
(1) Conducting studies of health care programs or services using statistical methods, surveys, or market research; (2) analyzing data to be included in study reports, issues papers, or presentation materials related to health care programs or services; and (3) evaluating health care policies, programs, or operational procedures using data analysis. .
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered.
Come see why over 6,000 employees say CMS is their employer of choice! In addition to dynamic and exciting opportunities, CMS offers generous compensation and benefits programs, an outstanding work-life balance, and most important, the opportunity to give back to your community, state and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. For more information about careers at CMS, visit: https://www.cms.gov/ira-careers
Apply by 11/28/22!