Seagate Legal Team Data Specialist Intern
About our group:
The Seagate Legal Group is seeking a Data Specialist student for a 3-month summer internship located at any of its Fremont CA, Longmont CO, Normandale MN, Shakopee MN facilities, or located remotely.
About the role - you will:
• Assist with various Data Governance, Data Privacy, Data Protection, and Records and Information Management projects
• Work with team members to understand & gather requirements to design and implement more efficient processes
• Constructing and supporting SharePoint Online solutions, pages and site collections, lists, libraries, templates, and sub-sites to meet the needs of the business
• Adhere to best data management practices and maintain a high level of accuracy and efficiency
Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm. The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
• Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, information science, information systems, or similar program
• Must be currently enrolled and return to school for 2023 fall semester
• Complex task maintenance and attention to detail
• Creative thinking and taking initiative
• Commitment to the highest ethical standards, with particular regard to maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information
• Credible and professional presence, excellent written/verbal communication and customer support skills, and the desire to work in a team environment across organization functional boundaries
• Knowledge of current SharePoint Online/O365 services and standards including Teams and OneDrive
• Ability to architect solutions using SharePoint Online functionality
Location: Fremont, CA Our Gold LEED-certified Fremont product-design campus drives innovation, bringing together a diverse set of engineering, design, operations, support and administrative teams. The site is equipped with state-of-the-art clean room and lab space. On-site social activities are popular, including our annual BBQ, ice cream social, and holiday events. Wellness programs, gaming rooms and the on-site fitness center help round out and balance your Seagate work-life experience, along with opportunities to give back to our local community.
Location: Longmont, CO Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Location: Normandale, MN Our Normandale campus spans two suburbs, Edina and Bloomington, and serves as the Recording Head development and manufacturing arm of Seagate. Located in the heart of a bustling community, Seagate offers an on-site café, or if you prefer, you can drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away. Need to grab a gift over lunch time? Shopping is abundant in the area. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, outdoor activities, tournaments and group workouts. Looking for something more laid back? Reset in one of our meditation rooms, or simply take a walk around our indoor walking path. On-site cultural festivals, celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Location: Shakopee, MN Our Shakopee campus is located 25 minutes southwest of Minneapolis in a setting with a rural vibe – it overlooks a horse racing track and stables, yet it has great entertainment venues close by as well. With wide-open spaces, the campus has plenty of space for running, biking, shooting some hoops or playing volleyball over lunch. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, tournaments and group workouts. Hungry? Seagate offers an on-site café with freshly sourced foods and specialty coffees, or if you prefer, drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away.
Colorado's 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base hourly range for this position: $18-$24. The actual range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, short and long term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.
Location: Fremont, USA, Research Center, Longmont, United States, Normandale, United States, Remote United States, Shakopee, United States