Senior Analyst OTC Hotel Accounting
Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
Are you seeking to expand your experience globally by using analytical skills in a fast-growing, fast-paced environment? As the Senior Analyst, Hotel Accounting, you will have exposure to a wide breadth of accounting and finance work. You will have the opportunity to be responsible for a group of assigned hotels for Centralized Hotel Accounting. You will act as a resource to your internal and external partners by performing accounting, reporting, compliance, budgeting, and forecasting for your dedicated hotels. The team will tap into your exceptional communication skills to build positive partnerships through owner relations.
More specifically, you will:
- Perform monthly closing and post-closing activities such as financial statement variance reviews, balance sheet reconciliations, and wire transfers. You will document and address any issues that arise throughout the closing and post-close period following proper GAAP accounting principles.
- Prepare cash-flow forecasts and analyze cash positions as they relate to cash needs. You will communicate with parties on any cash-related discrepancies, including providing owner reporting when requested.
- Book key closing journal entries and other reports and projects completed by the outsourcing provider to ensure proper GAAP compliance.
- Coordinate with third-party service providers to ensure all vital information is compiled, reviewed, and approved. Examples of third parties include but are not limited to outsourcing providers, auditors, valuation specialists, and software vendors.
- Review Managed and Franchise agreements while implementing the set-up and maintenance of internal controls. This includes SOX compliance.
- Run revenue and owner reporting for full and focused-service hotels and then report and explain the results to others, ensuring an understanding of the outcomes.
- Review credit cards for credits without debits and work with hotels to investigate.
- Perform MID changes and related set-ups and testing.
- Collaborate with your manager to establish specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish a project and department goals.
- Develop positive relationships with additional finance/corporate departments, Hotel Owners, and Hotel Personnel.
- Research and provide support for information requests from internal departments and management.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for dynamic teammates who are passionate about using their analytical skills to address hard problems. We believe that intuition for business combined with a love for building positive partnerships is the best way to bring projects to completion.
Success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Upbeat collaborators that consistently project a positive demeanor with a high degree of flexibility, innovation, and awareness
- Problem-solving skills to effectively and creatively find solutions for hard problems while maintaining a high level of collaboration and integrity.
- Self-starters, who take initiative and handle their composure under pressure and time constraints to effectively handle concurrent responsibilities
- Exceptional communicators that strive to simplify detailed reports into top-line executive briefs
To fulfill this role successfully, you should meet the following minimum qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent
- Three (3) years of relevant analytical work experience
- Two (2) years of preparing, analyzing, or auditing financial documents
- Microsoft Excel and PeopleSoft Financials or similar computerized financial systems
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- CPA license
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.