Mahoney is a full- service St. Paul based public accounting firm known for our expertise with real estate tax credit, not-for-profit organizations, small business and advisory services.
Mahoney has been recognized as one of the “Best Accounting Firms to Work For” for several years and offers a unique culture of ambitious and collaborative individuals. In 2021, Mahoney was named one of Accounting Today's Top 10 Best Firms for Young Accountants nationwide!
The Associate role will be a part of our Assurance Solutions Team, Real Estate Solutions Team, or Tax Team.
Key responsibilities may include:
* Establishing an understanding of individual impact to productivity metrics
* Identifies project or task issues and tracks completion
* Runs Audit Engagements and client communications
* Achievement of productivity goals and proficiencies, while building skills
* As a member of the team - implements solutions for clients as well as broadens relationships with a team
* Process and preparation of partnership tax returns
* Research and familiarize the applications of low-income housing credits with team
* Assist in the resolution of tax needs
* Preparation of cost certs for housing tax credits
Knowledge, Skills & Required Abilities:
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
* 1-2 years of experience in public accounting.
* CPA license (or in process).
* Interest and/or experience in Real Estate, Low Income Housing Tax Credits and Historic Tax Credits a plus.
* Ability to work approximately 200-250 hours of overtime annually, occurring primarily during the tax filing season (January - April).
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Prior experience with CCH software products (Axcess Tax, Engagement, Document) is a plus.
Base pay starting at $64,000 a year, based on experience.
To apply, email a copy of your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org