Legislative Affairs Specialist GS-13/14
This position is part of the Loan Programs Office, Department of Energy. As a Legislative Affairs Specialist, you will be providing strategic advice and recommendations for managing and overseeing the Department's liaison with members of Congress and other levels of government, and for activities and priorities.
As a Legislative Affairs Specialist, you will:
- Serve as liaison with Members of Congress, Congressional committees, and staff on a multitude of issues and concerns of the DOE.
- Communicate, advocate, and negotiates with congressional stakeholders on administration and DOE vies and programs which are often highly sensitive and controversial.
- Coordinate with DOE staff and managers in gathering information, establishing facts, evaluating data, and analyzing legislative initiatives.
- Attend meetings with high level Departmental officials on program activities and congressional concerns on program request.
- Prepare briefings on congressional issues scheduled for hearings.
- Prepares clear, concise, and timely hearing reports that provide detailed information for review by senior officials.