Application Engineer, Battery Components
Battery designs vary, most notably in terms of the type of battery cells used — manufacturers typically use either cylindrical, pouch or prismatic cells. Given the variety of designs, OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers face a common set of engineering and commercial challenges: cost reduction, lifetime performance optimization, safety and reliability, and seamless integration into the car body.
Henkel’s best-in-class thermal management materials, adhesives, sealants, and coating technologies can support vehicle manufacturers and suppliers in addressing these challenges. As battery technology and manufacturing is a major cost driver, optimizing the production processes with high performance materials can drive down overall electric vehicle prices.
Are you looking to be a part of our team? Our Applications Engineering team is expanding and are looking for colleagues who have the drive, passion, and excitement for what we are doing. At our core of each and every team we act on our core values:
We put our customers and consumers at the center of what we do.
We value, challenge and reward our people.
We drive excellent sustainable financial performance.
We are committed to leadership in sustainability.
We shape our future with a strong entrepreneurial spirit based on our family business tradition.
At Henkel, you can craft your career through our unique opportunities for growth, and furthering your chemical industry understanding. As you learn and grow with your position, you will be the outward face of the company within your division. We offer an accelerated learning program to get those who lack the industry-specific knowledge within the business unit to get up to speed so they can work independently as soon as they are able. Throughout these challenging times, we have also realized the necessity for flexible working schedules, and we will be amenable and flexible in scheduling your time with customers as well as your time within the office. We are on the forefront with the digital evolution and wish for those with an entrepreneurial mindset to take a chance to bring about the next step in Henkel evolution with us.
You can learn more about our various products at this link: Adhesive Materials for E-Mobility - Henkel Adhesives (henkel-adhesives.com)
- Utilize the accelerated learning program to become the Henkel customer-facing SME, providing product recommendations, demonstrations, and trouble-shooting in a market that will always need your help.
- Provide marketing opportunities for growth within the industry.
- Understand customer and industry challenges and lead the need for product recommendations, customized products applications, new product demonstrations and troubleshooting for customers focused on the battery space.
- Recommends solutions and performs technical visits (meetings, audits, demonstrations, troubleshooting, etc.) for customers with documentation.
- Develop and understand key equipment required to support the use case of our products. As needed, develop network and partnerships to provide full-service solutions to enhance customer adhesive related processes.
- Create Technical Reports, papers, and presentations for internal and external use.
- Engage in and share technical content in external conferences, fairs, universities, etc. in order to support the marketing and growth of the battery components sector for Henkel.
- Works effectively on Global/Regional Business Unit projects as required.
- Contributes to project plans and helps the team to deliver project goals.
- May supervise the laboratory work (incl. prioritization) for samples coming from customers, and report technical results to customers.
- Quantifies, documents and reports Henkel solutions value to customers.
- Supports the internal growth and training on products application / technical training of field sales forces and customers.
- Documents all activities in CRM tool and / or in the Application Engineering Lab Requests database.
- Is responsible for directly communicating with sales, marketing, PD, Innovation, members of AE field team or project team members.