An Operations Analyst at Vertica will gain exposure to the full lifecycle of software company operations by supporting investment due diligence and helping our portfolio companies scale. By collaborating with Vertica’s Investment Team and partnering with executives in our portfolio, you’ll drive meaningful input at critical points in diligence and will help our portfolio companies accomplish their highest strategic priorities.
What Will You Do?
Every portfolio engagement and due diligence is unique, but these are some of the most common themes across projects.
• Work closely with portfolio companies post-investment on critical operational and strategic priorities:
- Own analytical and financial workstreams at portfolio companies to help executive teams make data-driven decisions
- Develop KPI-based operating plans, including forecasts and budgets
- Sharpen elements of go-to-market strategy including sales operations, product positioning, and organizational planning
- Improve internal infrastructure, including systems, teams and processes
• Work on operational projects at our companies across a variety of internal functions with senior leadership teams
• Support qualitative and quantitative research to strengthen investment theses during due diligence:
- Collaborate with the Investment Team on analytical workstreams to evaluate prospective companies’ current and potential performance
- Conduct primary and secondary market research
- Analyze products and their feature sets
What experience should you bring?
• 1-3 years of consulting or finance experience at a top firm
• Strong analytical acumen with a proven ability to turn raw data into actionable insights
• Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity with other analytical or business intelligence tools is a plus
• Proven track record of working with different teams and stakeholders to drive alignment during short- and long-term projects
• Ability to hit the ground sprinting in a fast-paced environment
• BA or BS degree required
You will have the opportunity to join a young, collaborative firm with a proven track record where you will have the opportunity to tackle extraordinary challenges and progressively take on more responsibility. This is a small firm environment with large firm benefits.
Note that we don’t require prior experience in software. We hire candidates with standout intellect, and support them to learn all they need to be successful.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Position Start Date:
January 3, 2023 (may be flexible)