Theater/Stage Production Director
The Theater and Stage Production Director is responsible for coordinating and managing the technical and operational aspects of the Fine Arts facilities with a primary focus on the technical infrastructure, systems, and equipment. Oversees and ensures appropriate maintenance and operation of performance related equipment and infrastructure. Provides highly technical support and expertise as well as completing repairs, installations and building of equipment and systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform full scale theatrical scenic, lighting, sound, and graphic design for drama shows and concerts
- Repair and maintain the extensive and technically advanced lighting, sound equipment, and audio systems in LSC's Theatres.
- Train workers and student assistants in implementing designs (construction of scenery, hanging/focusing lighting, etc.)
- Coordinate and assist in the design and construction of drama sets and scenery; including management and supervision of the scene shop
- Ensure that equipment and systems are kept secure and in good repair
- Act as the professional point of contact for theatrical design and technological expertise for outside groups and venues including community-based organizations, local high schools, and sister colleges.
- Enforce the safety and security regulations to protect the safety of students, faculty, and visitors to the theatre
- Assist in production analysis by reading scripts and plays of upcoming productions and analyzing possible production designs and requirements
- Provide continued research for technology development to enhance not only the aesthetic of productions but also to assist in creating a cost saving green theatrical space
- Assist with the organization and scheduling of all department events and help with external events in the theater
- Interact with students interested in the technical aspects of the Theatre and provide them with a more detailed experience with the equipment and technology
- Attend technical week rehearsals and assist in the technical aspects of mounting the show
- Assist with the preparation and control of production budgets, maintain inventory, and order specialized supplies
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned