Software Development & Engineering Intern
Program Overview: June 12th, 2023- Aug 17th, 2023
Are you an innovative, forward-thinker who would like to make an impact within the telecommunications industry? Comcast’s West Division is seeking dynamic, self-motivated interns who have a strong passion to drive the age of innovation during an immersive summer experience with us! Our paid 10-week program gives interns hands-on experience working with various groups across multiple office locations within Comcast’s West Division. As a member of the team, you will gain invaluable knowledge of the industry, be a part of our diverse and welcoming culture, and receive exposure to other areas of the business.
Additionally, your experience will include:
Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your internship experience.
Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
Professional Development: Exposure to a variety of professional development topics facilitated by various partners and senior leaders within the organization. These sessions include speaker series, skill-building workshops, panels and networking opportunities.
Career Opportunity: This full-time internship with Comcast gives you the opportunity to move into a full-time career with a Fortune 20 company post-graduation. (Offers are not guaranteed and based on performance and profile match)
Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking. Job Description
- Reviews, writes and edits codes. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software design evaluation plans, test results and technical manuals.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Works with the Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Applies full use and application of engineering methodologies related to area of engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of engineering concepts and skills and knowledge of their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Graduation date between December 2023 and May 2024
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university
- Authorized to work in the United States of America and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Strong interest in the technology, telecommunications, cable, and media industries
- Ability to work independently and in group settings
- Ability to report to assigned office post-graduation if offered and accepted a fulltime position
- Must have internet access to perform work virtually