Senior City Planner - Extended Closing Date
The City of Saint Paul's Department of Planning and Economic Development is seeking to hire a Senior City Planner to join a team that is passionate about building a vibrant and dynamic Saint Paul by leveraging the strengths of a diverse urban core city. The successful candidate will contribute to a skilled team, strive for professional growth, and demonstrate a passion for serving the community.
This position works under the direct supervision of the Planning Director.
Typical Duties of the Position:
- Performs advanced-level professional planning work including major development sites and transportation corridors.
- Conducts policy analyses for planning and zoning studies.
- Develops and oversees policy development related to comprehensive planning, urban design guidelines, master plans, redevelopment sites, and land use regulations.
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes data, and prepares GIS maps on various planning topics. Formulates conclusions and recommendations related to these.
- Prepares, or oversees consultants leading the preparation of, environmental review documents for opportunity development sites as required by the State of Minnesota, or HUD-funded projects as required by the federal government.