Ryder's Paid Internship (Fleet Management & Operations)
Work with America’s Leader in Fleet Management and Operations. At Ryder, our most important competitive advantage is our people. CULTURE- INTEGRITY- FAMILY. That's what makes Ryder, Ever Better ®. As a member of our College Internship Program, you’ll be part of a dynamic team (including passionate mentors) & a fast-paced business-to-business work environment.
You will have exposure and interaction with cutting-edge technology & many levels of our Sales, Management, & Operational organization- from entry-level peers to Director/VP Level employees. The experience you will acquire will set you up for a world after college in a multitude of ways and if interested, lay the foundation for a long & rewarding career with Ryder, after graduation- like so many current Ryder employees!
- Flexible, Part-Time, Temporary
- U.S. Work Authorization required
- $17-$19/Hr. (varies depending on location/experience)
- Relocation is not required and not included
- There is no application deadline or duration for this internship. You can work off and on throughout the entire school year
- You can work flexible hours around your school schedule. Our branches are open roughly 8-5 Monday- Friday
- Presently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program is preferred (no specific major is required)
- This position can move to permanent or Full-Time. Depending upon graduation date and availability, you could be moved into an expedited Management Trainee Program
Why Ryder? Let's not forget, we’ve been around for almost a century and we’re not going anywhere. That stability is what makes Ryder, Ever Better ®.
You thought that was it? Take a look at a few of these: Ryder's most recently been named a “Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation” by Women in Trucking, one of Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies”, & one of “America’s Most Responsible Companies” by Newsweek.
What about our green initiative…? We have the largest EV footprint in the U.S. In addition to that, Verizon has recognized us with their "Supplier Environmental Excellence Award".
Have we mentioned we value our people? Hear it from people that actually work here!
- Operations & Asset Management: Responsible for the overall profitability, operations, and asset management of a rental location. Accountable for coordinating with Maintenance, Asset Management, Sales, and Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction. Maintain compliance with company, local, state, federal, and other regulatory agencies. Complete understanding of marketplace conditions in order to maximize utilization of the rental fleet.
- Sales & Marketing: Handle sales and sales process for inbound calls as well as outbound solicitations. Responsible for executing the business unit's marketing plan. Maintain current accurate data within the company's marketing database. Maximize rate opportunities within the marketplace. Responsible for generating rental lease, and used vehicle sales leads. Maintain and expand relationships with an existing customer base. Ability to maximize operational effectiveness by coordinating overall inventory levels to meet customer demand.
- Customer: Drive profitable revenue growth by maintaining and growing customer relationships. Responsible for the overall satisfaction of all internal and external customers. Reconcile all customer concerns, issues, and disputes to maintain ongoing relationships.
- Communication: Builds constructive and effective relationships with both internal and external customers. Maintain composure when addressing stressful situations. Clearly articulates Ryder's product and service offerings.
Skills & Abilities
- You will develop strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to get both verbal and written communication across that has the desired effect
- Goal-oriented, driven for results, assertive, and deals well with ambiguity
- Possess a high degree of initiative
- Must have a high level of energy and be a self-motivated and self-directed person
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments
- Ability to focus on multiple projects and activities simultaneously
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Demonstrates customer service skills
- H.S. diploma/GED required
#LI-post #INDexempt #FB