Mechanical Engineer (Reliability)
The Reliability Engineer position will support MPLX’s Gathering and Processing (G&P). Individual shall provide machinery and reliability engineering expertise and partner with Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering in sustaining and enhancing the reliability and integrity of rotating equipment for a safe, reliable, compliant, and efficient operation.
This position belongs to a family of jobs with increasing responsibility, competency, and skill level. The actual position title and pay grade will be based on the selected candidate’s experience and qualifications.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting for major equipment including reciprocating engines and compressors, screw compressors, centrifugal and positive displacement pumps as well as ancillary equipment.
- Perform engine and compressor modeling to improve reliability and efficiency.
- Perform piping vibration analysis and develop corrective actions.
- Act as rotating equipment subject matter expert.
- Leads rotating equipment root cause investigations
- Leads reliability improvement projects carrying on the recommendations through completion and verifications.
- Writes applicable guidelines for reliability improvements and deploys them across the operation.
- Provides technical reviews, advances technology and tools utilization, and establishes technical specifications for new and modified equipment.
- Leads asset health and bad actor reviews engaging with cross functional teams and outside specialized support to determine needs, assess risk, provide direction, and bring closure on reliability issues.
- Establishes and optimizes preventive and predictive maintenance programs using best practices and applicable reliability engineering tools and techniques.
- Builds close relationship with Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering and acts as a subject matter expert in improving equipment reliability.
- Supports inventory optimization and spare parts optimization efforts.
- Collaboratively advances digital technology application on critical equipment.
- Collaborates as a strong team player, working effectively, cooperatively, and sharing knowledge and skill with others.
- Works independently with minimum supervision, self-starting and proactive, and has strong organizational skills.
- Travel expected up to 50%
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Engineering: Mechanical engineering preferred.
- Must hold a valid Driver License with excellent driving record
- Must be able to complete Health Questionnaire and pass drug test and background check.
- Understanding of vibration analysis and mitigation strategies.
- In depth knowledge of reciprocating engines and compressors
- Demonstrated understanding in the application and use of Reliability tools and analytical processes, including but not limited to Root Cause Failure Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Reliability modeling and prediction, Fault Tree Analysis, Weibull Analysis, Six Sigma, Life Cycle Cost Analysis, etc. to identify and address reliability opportunities for improvements.
- Ability to lead efforts and facilitate alignment meetings and technical and business decisions.
- Strong knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Ability to organize and manage work according to deadlines.
- Ability to shift focus and comfortably cope with change.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in both a collaborative team and individual environment.
Grade 10 Salary range: Min: $85,500- Max: $128,200
Grade 11 Salary range: Min: $98,300- Max: $147,400