Marketing Writer/Copy Editor (Part-Time/OPS)
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida, and is a department of Florida State University. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email email@example.com or call 941-538-2773.
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement
- FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement
- FSU Strategic Plan
- Ringling Strategic Plan
- Ringling Equity Statement
The Marketing writer will serve as a member of The Ringling’s Marketing Team. Under the direction of the PR & Marketing Manager, this person will provide editorial services including writing, editing, copy editing, proofreading and research for print and electronic media to deliver and ensure accurate information and consistent messaging regarding The Ringling.
- Writing copy to support marketing initiatives
- Executing on the written portion of marketing assets for print and digital ads as well as website and landing page copy
- Reviewing written content for accuracy, spelling, grammar, message clarity, and formatting. Makes corrections and revisions as needed
- Ensuring content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice
- Working collaboratively with the marketing team to analyze and improve content and messaging
- At least 1 year experience as a copy editor
- College-level understanding of literature, grammar, style, and spelling
- Familiar with AP Style and can adapt to house style rules
- Ability to work quickly and autonomously with extreme attention to detail
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft programs like Word and various web browsers/ internet functionality
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and thrives in ensuring grammatical and factual accuracy on tight deadlines
- Skill and ability to work effectively with diverse populations including the ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written) in-person, via telephone, and email.
While helpful, these skills are not required to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Mass Communications or Humanities preferred
- Prior experience writing or editing marketing content
- Verbal fluency in additional language(s) besides English.
- Ability to promote an inclusive and welcoming work/education environment.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-358-2773 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anticipated Salary Range
$20.00 per hour.
Museum employees also receive:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Private gallery talks with curators
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum store
- Discounts on select performances/events
- Free museum admission and much more!
This is an OPS/Part-Time Job and is not eligible for benefits. Although listed as "temporary," please note this is not a seasonal/summer position.
Typical working hours fall between Monday - Friday (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM) with an average of 20 hours per week, based on the needs of The Ringling.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.