Civil Engineer (Entry Level)
Are you an experienced Engineer with a background in building codes, roof and structural maintenance, sidewalk and road construction? Apply to this exciting opportunity today!
The Civil Engineer opening is within the Site Facilities Engineering unit, located at the Naval Reactors Facility. Join a team that supports the important work of the Naval Nuclear Laboratory!
About the role:
- serves on engineering teams for facility maintenance and improvement projects across the NRF site.
- provides technical expertise on assigned projects.
- responsible for project design and design review.
- provides construction oversight to ensure work is completed on schedule, within budget, and meeting all relevant project requirements.
- conducts field inspections to ensure technical specifications and regulatory requirements are met.
- works independently and handles multiple tasks concurrently
- communicates with all levels of personnel, management, subcontractors, and government oversight.
- maintains and coordinates all documentation associated with effective engineering practices
REQUIRED SKILLS *
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university required.
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year of relevant experience; or
- Currently or previously EOOW qualified in the Nuclear Operations Program; or
- SRE Qualification
- Civil Engineering degree
- Experience with roadway engineering/construction
- Structural engineering experience
- Project management experience
- Construction contract management
- Cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 GPA Scale (Please do not list only your major GPA)