Entry Level Water Engineer - Syracuce
- Evaluate, plan, design and support management of projects for water/wastewater/ stormwater treatment and conveyance (pipelines and pumping facilities).
- Assess, develop, and support management of condition assessment, federal regulations and process-mechanical evaluations for water and wastewater utilities.
- Exercise judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
- Perform fieldwork activities such as site visits, construction inspection, sampling, water quality analyses, asset inventory, flow monitoring set-up and monitoring, and plant operations information, process troubleshooting and optimization
- Support Asset Management projects performing data analytics, operational and organizational assessments, condition assessments and overall performance evaluations of water/wastewater/stormwater facilities
- Preparation of reports, presentations, and other audio-visual materials, and participate in client meetings
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and work ethic
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and team-oriented, with the ability to work successfully both independently and within a team
- Flexible attitude towards assignments, with the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly.
- Dependability and an eagerness to take ownership of tasks.
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, theories, and practices related to water/wastewater/stormwater.
- Basic understanding/ familiarity with one or more of the following AutoCAD, Revit, ArcGIS, SWMM, EPANET and HydroCAD
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a closely related field of study.