Cognitive Systems Intern 2200000M4R
Position: Cognitive Systems Intern
Duration: 10 weeks
Date: Jun 5th to Aug 12th, 2023
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
Strategy & Technology
Strategy and Technology lays the path for Nokia’s future technology innovation and identifies the most promising areas for Nokia to create new value. We set the company’s strategy and technology vision, offer an unparalleled research foundation for innovation, and provide critical support infrastructure for Nokia.
Currently a candidate for PhD/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering or related field with an accredited school in US.
What you will learn and contribute to
Summer intern to be part of a team developing cognitive and self-resilient networks of the future. Work with real-time “Big Data” to create an ultramodern system that predicts and correct/recover potential failures before they occur. This project would focus on augmenting cognitive failure analytics to a cloud-based system, enhancing its reliability and automate failure resolution. This analytics engine will be powered using techniques like machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, pattern recognition, natural language processing and human expert intelligence augmentation. If you are ready to take this challenge to build cognitive systems of the future, this is the project for you.
As part of our team, you will:
- Jointly formulate the problem
- Architect a solution requiring understanding/analyzing the problem context and the application of anomaly detection, machine learning, deep learning and neural nets techniques.
- Design, implement, verify, document, analyze and present the results.
What is Nokia looking for from me
- Knowledge of network architecture, fault tolerance, cloud systems, predictive analytics, Big Data analytics and natural language processing would be helpful. Familiarity with operating systems, communication systems, network management would be a plus.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.Analytics and Data science background.
- Good interpersonal communication, works effectively and cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, self-starting and proactive, strong organizational skills
Why we're awesome
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
Meaningful Co-op Term: During your co-op term, you will have the opportunity to test out the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply it to real work situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
As a federal contractor & pursuant to Presidential Exec. Order 14042, Nokia mandates for all employees a COVID-19 vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
See you this Summer 2023
“The intern program at Nokia is truly designed to give students all the support and guidance we need to excel in our professional careers. Working at Nokia as a software developer Co-op, I was able to learn and grow with the guidance of mentors from across the company through a multitude of research, development, and leadership opportunities. It was exciting to be able to contribute to real-world projects and apply my previous experiences to new domains, especially since the Nokia work culture encourages innovation and creativity. I’ve made lifelong connections and skills through my time here, and I’m so grateful to have been a part of the Nokia team!” – Mara Hubelbank, Former Nokia Co-op student, Spring - Summer 2021
Follow and engage with us on social media:
Chat with our Nokia insiders to ask questions and learn more about us!
- Vaccination Requirements : FOR US ONLY: Nokia employees, wherever required by law or contractual obligation, must receive a COVID-19 vaccination or an otherwise approved accommodation based upon applicable law.