HCS Sr Financial Analyst - Financial Planning
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Plans, develops and coordinates the preparation of corporate budgets, financial statements, statistical reports, cost analyses and other financial information. Performs complex and specialized assignments in area of expertise. Performs lead role in coordinating complex corporate financial projects.
- Assists in the development, implementation and management of financial systems, cost accounting systems and/or financial policies and procedures for assigned entity.
- Develops complex financial reports and analysis for senior management and external agencies. Presents reports to senior entity leadership or committees. Prepares complex charts and diagrams showing prior, current and projected expenditures to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation.
- Maintain communication with assigned entity leaders and administrative staff in the preparation and analysis of complex financial reports, to provide information and to resolve complex problems concerning variances from approved budget. Provide technical support to assigned entity regarding budgeting system and procedures. Monitors financial and budgetary trends across entities within the UNC Healthcare System.
- Monitors and analyzes budget expenditures and prepares detailed reports and analysis on trends. Compiles budgetary and fiscal data received from assigned entities. Analyzes and evaluates entity budget requests to prepare budgetary documents, reports, and recommendations. Presents fiscal data of assigned entities at budget hearings. Advises senior leaders on budget trends and issues and variances between System entities.
- Utilizes various computer financial information systems in the preparation of analysis, evaluation and reports relating to assigned entities. Recommends operational procedures and ways to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Serves a department lead, mentoring and training lower level staff and assuming responsibility for the most complex budget and financial issues.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- If a Master’s degree: Four (4) years of experience in financial analysis or planning.
- If a Bachelors degree: Eight (8) years of experience in financial analysis or planning.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
- Research, retrieve and organize data to prepare reports and financial documentation, analyze and audit data.
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Financial Planning
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.