Client Associate - Benefits
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
How will I impact the business
As the Client Service Associate you will develop industry knowledge and skills to support account teams in delivering exceptional service to Gallagher’s clients. You will work alongside experienced team members as you learn the business. Through hands on learning, you will gain the knowledge, skills and abilities to make client-related decisions independently.
- You learn and support the employee benefits Client Service Cycle to ensure a seamless renewal process and help our team retain business
- We will teach you about Gallagher’s vast network of resources to improve efficiency and effectiveness in delivering client materials
- You familiarize yourself with the insurance industry and the GBS Professional Standards, including our "Peer Review" process that ensures quality in client deliverables
- We assist Client Service Managers with the preparation of RFPs, coordinate vendor responses, and create client presentations
- You observe how to effectively present in open enrollment meetings, participate on client calls, and reply to clients via email
- You establish positive relationships in your office and support with administrative tasks as needed
- You will maintain up-to-date records in the Document Management System - DMS
- You complete all GBS Employee Benefits curriculum and learn from your team
- We ask our team to exemplify the highest ethical standards, promote ethical behavior and uphold The Gallagher Way
- What skills will make me successful in this role?
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Actively approach issues that could impact client retention
- Capable of developing professional relationships with internal and external partners
- You are resilient and adaptable in the face of shifting priorities
- You seek to learn about your team and help the branch meet their goals
- You actively seek to develop professional skills
- Aim to improve personal efficiency and productivity
- You are able to clarify priorities/requests and manage your time wisely
- You are eager to support the team
- You are interested in building a knowledge of Gallagher tools, systems and shared resources
- We look for the people who go the “Extra Mile” to achieve results
- We are a collaborative team and look for teammates who are capable of meeting deadlines
Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc., a division of Gallagher, is a company that touches businesses and their employees on a personal level. At the core, our job is to help protect the health and well-being of employees and their families and provide for their financial security—all while allowing employers to attract and retain the people they need to grow and succeed. As you consider the value of working for our team, remember your talent, winning attitude and strong performance will be highly valued as our business continues to grow.
Qualifications - External
- Entry level position requiring no previous job related experience
- High School Diploma or 1 year equivalent experience. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Basic Math Skills
- Life & Health License, or obtained within first 90 days of employment
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Are you 18 years of age or older or can you demonstrate legal capacity to enter a contract
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.