House Supervisor (Registered Nurse Senior) - State Hospital South
State Hospital South (Blackfoot) is seeking applicants for Registered Nurse, Senior. This announcement is being used to fill a full-time night position. Nurses provide psychiatric inpatient treatment and skilled nursing care for Idaho's adult and adolescent citizens with the most serious and persistent mental illnesses. The hospital works in partnership with families and communities to enable clients to return to community living.
The facility is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations, and is certified by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. SHS includes 90 psychiatric adult beds, 29 skilled nursing beds, and 16 beds for adolescents. It also maintains a statewide program to restore competency of criminal justice patients. The 29 skilled nursing beds in the Syringa Chalet Nursing Facility offer services to consumers with a history of behavioral or psychiatric illness.
BEST RETIREMENT AVAILABLE IN THE NATION
We have the one of the Nation's best state retirement systems (PERSI) that offers a lifetime benefit.
- excellent medical, dental and vision insurance-employee only coverage for PPO $65/month for medical and vision & $11.00/month for dental
- generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- 11 paid holidays a year
- paid parental leave
- multiple savings plans, optional 401K, and optional 457
- basic life insurance for employee and family
- employee covered at one times annual salary
- spouse covered at $10,000
- child covered at $5,000
- wellness programs
- ongoing training opportunities
- an opportunity for student loan forgiveness
- and more!
Our generous benefits package increases the total compensation of a full-time (benefits eligible) Registered Nurse Senior making $33.00/hour to an estimated $46.11/hour.
The Idaho Department of Health & Welfare is a drug-free workplace. Any applicant offered employment in this position at the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test. In addition, successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal history background investigation. Employment is dependent upon satisfactory results of the investigation.
Example of Duties
- Performs lead professional nursing within a specialized program with responsibility for staff or program oversight.
- Nursing areas of specialty include psychosocial rehabilitation, chemical dependency, home health, public health, Medicaid review, staff development, and facility administrative charge.
- Planning, conducting and organizing public/community health programs.
- Coordinating and maintaining liaison with other health agencies.
- Monitoring of staffing and scheduling throughout the facility.
- Providing and overseeing home health service delivery.
- Conducting on-site Medicaid reviews.
- Providing psychosocial rehabilitation nursing and case management service to mental health program clients.
- Serving as administrative charge nurse for an entire facility.
You must possess all the minimum qualifications listed below to pass the exam for this position. Click on the Questions tab associated with this announcement for the details regarding minimum qualification requirements. The Supplemental Questions on the application are the exam questions. Please make sure your resume supports your answers. Failure to do this may result in not passing the exam and disqualify you from being considered for this position.
- Licensed as a Professional or Registered Nurse in Idaho as defined by Idaho Code 54-1408 or state licensure as a Registered Nurse pursuant to the Nurse Licensure Compact, Idaho Code 54-1418, in one of the following compact states: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin or Wyoming.
- Experience performing nursing assessments and developing and implementing nursing care plans.