Graphics & Multimedia Intern Spring 2023
The Graphic Design and Multimedia Internship provides an opportunity to practice and increase graphic design and multimedia skills and to gain experience using those skills to communicate a nonprofit mission. The Graphic Design and Multimedia Intern plays a key role on GLAD’s Public Affairs and Education team, supporting and providing creative input into the visual communication of GLAD’s mission to end discrimination based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and HIV status.
Typical projects may include but are not limited to:
‣ Creating visuals for GLAD’s website
‣ Creating engaging infographics, gifs, and other graphics to communicate GLAD’s messaging on the GLAD blog and social media channels
‣ Produce flyers, fact sheets, posters, and postcards for events and presentations, and to share legal rights information
‣ Design and layout for in-house print and web publications
‣ Video editing and captioning
‣ An interest in LGBTQ+ rights and/or work in the nonprofit sector
‣ A passion for visual communication
‣ A desire to increase design skills and use visuals to communicate a nonprofit mission
‣ Proficiency in Photoshop, Canva, or comparable graphics software
‣ Experience with InDesign or other desktop publishing software
‣ Experience with additional graphics (i.e. Illustrator) or multimedia software (i.e. video editing, After Effects) a plus
‣ Photography skills a plus
This is a stipend internship.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and work samples to Braedyn Dorn at firstname.lastname@example.org with “[Season] [Year] Internship” in the subject line (e.g. “Summer 2023 Internship”).
GLAD requires all interns working in GLAD’s offices, at events, or engaging in any in-person work on GLAD’s behalf to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Interns may request an exemption to this policy as a reasonable accommodation for religious and/or medical reasons.
GLAD is dedicated to building a diverse staff, and one that is committed to equity and opportunity for all. GLAD strongly encourages applications from transgender people, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and people living with HIV/AIDS.