PhD Intern - Data Specialist/Engineer
About our group:
The Data Storage and Memory Devices Group within the Seagate Research Group (SRG) is primarily responsible for performing experiments and simulations to guide the design the future of hard-disk drive based, and other, advanced data storage and memory technologies.
The work performed by this team directly informs the Company’s product roadmaps. Experiments involve electrical testing of state-of-the-art hard disk drive and memory systems to explore critical recording physics phenomena. Modeling and simulation are used to evaluate designs up to 10 years in the future, as well as elucidate experimentally observed phenomena. Machine learning models are also being developed to predict product reliability and inform future materials and design directions.
About the role - you will:
· Explore advanced recording physics through experiments or modeling.
· Work very closely with teams within Seagate Research and design teams in different parts of the company.
· Communicate your findings with engineers and leadership at all levels within the company.
· Contribute to Seagate’s invention portfolio.
· You have demonstrated innovation and are a self-motivated worker.
· You have an intense desire to learn.
· You must be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
· You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· You must be able to work and communicate effectively with a diverse group of engineers and technicians.
Your experience includes:
· A Master’s or PhD degree in an engineering or scientific discipline.
· Device physics knowledge.
· Experience in data analysis.