The Position and Responsibilities:
The BPMA seeks a Marketing Coordinator, a position that reports directly to the Director of Marketing & Communications and works to promote the Boston Public Market through advertising, social media, events and community engagement, retail marketing, and public relations. Specific responsibilities include:
- Create content and regularly post to BPM social media handles
- Take a lead role in organizing and executing Market activities and events
- Communicate with BPM vendors to collect info and promote products, sales, events, etc.
- Collaborate on development of market signage, materials, collateral, etc.
- Maintain updates to BPM website
- Develop and distribute frequent BPM newsletters
- Draft press releases and work closely on media opportunities alongside an outside PR agency; track press coverage
- Encouraging vendors to conduct demonstrations, classes and tastings in our Demonstration Station and Connections Corner, providing them with an additional revenue stream and further educating our community about their businesses and offerings.
- Creatively collaborate on the development of retail marketing campaigns, BPM internal and community programs, and efforts that support the overall mission of the Market
- Work as part of a small team to do whatever is necessary to operate a successful, world-class market
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to juggle a dynamic, full schedule of tasks
- Detail oriented and reliable
- High caliber written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in person and in writing
- Highly energetic, positive, flexible, and an excellent team player
- Ability to stay calm in stressful environments
- Interest in working in a public setting and engaging a diverse group of community stakeholders
- A familiarity with InDesign/Illustrator, WordPress, MailChimp, and social media management systems is greatly preferred
Compensation, Benefits and Work Environment:
This is a full time salaried position at a compensation of approximately $55,000. Benefits include health care and dental care, vacation and personal days, commuter pre-tax accounts and a collaborative work environment. This position currently requires 3 days per week in office but with a flexible approach given the needs of the employee and BPMA. Given the nature of this role’s tasks, some evenings and weekend availability will be required. All employees of BPMA are required to show proof of full vaccination against covid-19.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to Chelsea Doliner at email@example.com no later than November 30, 2022.