Data Scientist/Data Engineering Summer Intern
About our group:
Seagate’s Quality Data Analytics and Tools Team is seeking a Data Scientist/Engineering Intern for the Summer 2023. The intern will work closely with our team of Data Scientists and Engineers to help build ML models and create, enhance, improve, deploy, and maintain various workflows used to generate data for our modeling processes.
About the role - you will:
• Build predictive and prescriptive ML models using Manufacturing, Process, and Field data
• Design and build processes for deploying and monitoring spark ML jobs
• Design queries and workflows for assembling large data sets in Hive and Presto
• Facilitate in building scripts for automating general data engineering workflows
• Participate in code reviews and analysis
• Help develop and design general python packages
• Translate business needs into software requirements and execute on them
• Gain real world experience in software engineering, machine learning engineering, cloud computing, data engineering, and big data.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to effectively contribute to technical teams and make presentations to a variety of technical and business personnel
• Enjoys working with statistics or applied mathematics including machine learning concepts
• Previous internship experiences is a plus
Your experience includes:
• Current student pursuing a degree (MS/PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math, Physics, or other scientific disciplines and enrolled in Fall 2023 classes
• Experience with statistics or applied mathematics including machine learning concepts
• Understands basic software engineering practices like algorithmic runtime analysis, functional programming, concurrent programming, database design, scripting, and data structures
• Demonstrates skills in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, SQL, Scala, Bash, or another scripting language.
• Demonstrates skills in at least one of the following software frameworks and tools: Spark, Spark SQL, Presto, Hive, Spark MLlib, H20, or Apache Airflow
• Experience with ETL, EL, and ELT pipelines is a plus
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Colorado's 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base salary range for this position: $25.50-39.50. Actual range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.
Location: Longmont, United States