The Town of Herndon boasts a unique balance of strong sense of community and being a next generation small town and each employee is pivotal in providing exceptional services to our citizens. The Town has an immediate need for a Swim Instructor in the Parks and Recreation department. As a Swim Instructor, you will teach swimming lessons at the town’s indoor aquatic facility.
What you will need to be successful:
• Prior experience leading groups.
• American Red Cross certification or have willingness to acquire.
• Receive training with the Virginia Swims Program.
• WSI preferred.
• 814 Ferndale Ave (Herndon Community Center)
• Due to the nature of a government providing services to the public all duties of this position are required to be fulfilled at the designated worksite in the town. No remote work is available.
Preferred hours: class times vary but take place weekday afternoons and evenings.
All Part Time Flexible employees of the Town of Herndon enjoy recreation and golf benefits
All people in this position must be able to physically perform the essential functions of the role.