.Product Security Data Protection Intern 2200000LLH
Position: Product Security Data Protection Intern
Duration: 10 Weeks
Date: June 5, 2023 - August 12, 2023
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
Strategy & Technology
Strategy and Technology lays the path for Nokia’s future technology innovation and identifies the most promising areas for Nokia to create new value. We set the company’s strategy and technology vision, offer an unparalleled research foundation for innovation, and provide critical support infrastructure for Nokia.
Product Security develops and supports systems which ensure the security of Nokia products and protect the privacy of our customers’ data. We work in a global team environment and utilize secure design principles. We coordinate with global Nokia teams to facilitate interfaces with other Nokia systems.
Currently a candidate for Bachelor’s degree who has completed at least their sophomore year or Master’s degree candidate in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, information science, mathematics, or related science / engineering field with an accredited school in US.
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of our team, you will:
- Work as part of the team that designs, develops, and administers state of the art enterprise security applications in Azure Kubernetes Services using GitOps
Depending on your experience and interest, the following opportunities are available:
- Enhance system metrics and dashboard with Grafana, Loki, Argo CD, and Argo Workflow
- Enhance CI/CD pipeline with Python, Docker, Azure Key Vault, and Azure blob storage
- Develop web security/privacy applications with Python, Typescript, Django, Angular, MD Bootstrap, and AG Grid
- Analyze Machine Learning outputs to optimize the Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) clusters for maximum efficiency and extend Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (AI/ML) capabilities
- Learn about industry trends regarding cloud computing and security
What is Nokia looking for from me
- Computer Programming knowledge or course work
It would be nice if you also had:
- Cloud computing, cloud networking knowledge or course work
- Machine Learning knowledge or course work
- Computer security knowledge or course work
- Data privacy knowledge or course work
- Cryptography knowledge or course work
Why we're awesome
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
Meaningful Co-op Term: During your co-op term, you will have the opportunity to test out the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply it to real work situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
As a federal contractor & pursuant to Presidential Exec. Order 14042, Nokia mandates for all employees a COVID-19 vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
See you this Summer 2023
“The intern program at Nokia is truly designed to give students all the support and guidance we need to excel in our professional careers. Working at Nokia as a software developer Co-op, I was able to learn and grow with the guidance of mentors from across the company through a multitude of research, development, and leadership opportunities. It was exciting to be able to contribute to real-world projects and apply my previous experiences to new domains, especially since the Nokia work culture encourages innovation and creativity. I’ve made lifelong connections and skills through my time here, and I’m so grateful to have been a part of the Nokia team!” – Mara Hubelbank, Former Nokia Co-op student, Spring - Summer 2021
Follow and engage with us on social media:
Chat with our Nokia insiders to ask questions and learn more about us!
- Vaccination Requirements : FOR US ONLY: Nokia employees, wherever required by law or contractual obligation, must receive a COVID-19 vaccination or an otherwise approved accommodation based upon applicable law.