Optical Management System Integration Engineer (ID: 2200000L3O)
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
An Optical Network Management (OMS) Integration Engineer has solid server environment knowledge and an understanding of optical networks. You will be responsible for integrating Nokia Network Management Software (NMS) onto a customer’s existing servers. You will collaborate with Customer to evaluate the potential impact of the Nokia NMS implementation into the network, review implementation procedures, and be available to assist the Customer to resolve problems with network hardware and NMS configuration during a major deployment into a live Nokia Network. You are a trusted advisor partnering with the Customer on their needs and are a resource having up-to-date, detailed technical knowledge of the designated Customer OMS systems as well as product expertise. You utilize best practice procedures and documents to define network solutions integrating multiple technologies and disciplines.
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of our team, you will:.
• Learn new technologies, applications an solutions; apply solution architecture standards, processes, and principles to create and maintain a solution's (technical) integrity over time.
• Attend internal project calls and with customers, working with stakeholders to complete customer information questionnaires.
• Engage in lab and network direct installs and upgrades as well as some field trials, use case testing including lab set up, test/MOP documentation and Customer facing communication regarding install/upgrade and issues as appropriate.
• Prepare documentation such as Preparation of Method of Procedures (MOPs) and Acceptance Test Plans.
• Some travel to customers may be expected, security clearance will be needed to support U.S government customers.
Your skills and experience
• The ability to organize and work autonomously after taking direction from Senior team members, you should be able to interpret and ensure policies are followed
• The ability to influence others, communicate with leaders of other organizations and present information in a meaningful manner
• Background in server environments and SW deployment management; experience in data center and Network Management Systems
• Knowledge and practical experience in most if not all of the following areas:
• Virtualization, Linux, Dockers, Open APIs like RESTful, Kafka, TAPI
• Scripting and Automation
• Optical Transport Networks, DWDM, ideally familiarity with Nokia 1830 a plus
• GMPLS, Ethernet Switching, IP Routing & Networking
It would be nice if you also had:
• A degree or technical school coursework (EE or Computer Science) or military experience
• Experience in Coding, Java Script, Robotics
• Understanding of IP networking and/or Optical networks
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Team building is encouraged, and therefore, you will get to know the uniqueness of each member within the team. Our employees enjoy the option of full onsite, hybrid, and full remote work environments to suit their individual needs. As a recognized leader you have the flexibility for video conferencing or in person meetings with others on your team.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
• One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
• Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
• Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
• LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
- United State Salary Range: Salary Range*: $70K/yr - $110K/yr *Nokia maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience and market conditions, as well as reflect Nokia’s differing products, industries and lines of business. Candidates are typically placed into the range based on the preceding factors as well as internal peer equity.
- United States Benefits: Nokia offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following: - Pension Plan - Cash Account Program - Medical and dental coverage - Short-term disability and long-term disability - Life insurance and AD&D - Supplemental life and AD&D insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child) - Health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts - Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits - Savings/401(k) Plan - Paid time off for holidays and vacation - Employee Stock Purchase Plan - Tuition Assistance Plan - Adoption assistance - Employee Assistance Program/Work Life Resource Program - Voluntary benefits including vision, legal, auto, homeowner and pet insurance, Identity Management, and Health Advisory Services
- Vaccination Requirements : FOR US ONLY: Nokia employees, wherever required by law or contractual obligation, must receive a COVID-19 vaccination or an otherwise approved accommodation based upon applicable law.