GPCA is the global industry association for private capital in Asia, Latin America, Africa, CEE and the Middle East. An independent, non-profit organization, the association brings together institutional investors, fund managers, and other private capital investors (family offices, sovereign wealth funds, corporates, etc.) who manage more than US$5t in assets across 130 countries. Following a rebrand in 2021, GPCA is undergoing an important period of growth and new strategic initiatives.
Under the GPCA umbrella is its sister brand LAVCA, the Association for Private Capital Investment in Latin America, which represents over 180 firms, from leading global investment firms active in the region and local fund managers to family offices, global sovereign wealth funds, corporate investors, and international pension plans. Member firms control assets more than US$65b, directed at capitalizing and growing Latin American businesses.
GPCA and LAVCA support members and the industry through authoritative research and intelligence, conferences, networking, education, and advocacy.
The Events Associate will assist with the management and execution of in-person and virtual events, including two marquee annual conferences in New York City, The Global Private Capital Conference and LAVCA Week, which each convene ~500 attendees. The associate will work under the supervision of the Director of Events and will be responsible for several conference vendor and stakeholder relationships while also delivering high-quality, timely and consistent registration and customer service to members and other conference attendees.
- Support the sourcing, contracting and management of major conference vendor relationships to include venues, food & beverage, audiovisual, CVENT, etc. as well as managing other conference vendor relationships to include signage, furniture, lanyards, photography, temp staff, etc.
- Source, build and manage conference apps in collaboration with marketing and communications team.
- Assist with speaker and sponsor logistics management.
- Oversee conference registration day-to-day administration and weekly delegate lists.
- Own and manage multiple general conference inboxes and provide timely and accurate information to attendees, sponsors, speakers etc.
- Handle pre-event materials preparation to include signage, badges, other registration and office materials, etc.
- Additional programming and logistics tasks as required.
This position requires exceptional attention to detail and project management skills. The ability to work independently and with cross‐departmental teams is a must. Please note this position is New York -based, but will work with teams based in Washington, DC, Germany, Singapore, and California, as well as member firms based worldwide so occasionally required calls/meetings/virtual events will occur in evenings and early mornings. New York-based employees are required to work from the office three days per week.
Other qualifications, include:
- Bachelor’s degree required and experience in event organization is a plus
- Strong project management skills and ability to self‐motivate and direct
- Excellent communications skills with attention to detail
- Motivated learner who is comfortable in a fast‐paced and dynamic environment
- A record for being reliable and utilizing sound judgment
- Bilingual or full professional proficiency in Spanish
- Passion for working in a mission‐driven organization with a focus on global markets
- Comfort learning and mastering computer and web based platforms such as CRMs, registration and app technologies (familiarity with Salesforce, SharePoint and CVENT is a strong plus) and proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous familiarity with the private capital industry is not required, but also a plus
Salary range is $60,000-70,000 per, commensurate with experience, plus competitive benefits package.