Internship Data Analytics REMOTE (8177)
This internship is designed to provide practical, hands-on experience that should prepare you for a full-time opportunity. The intern will learn how to gather and analyze data and present analysis in a format appropriate for profitability monitoring, product development, reinsurance, and other finance analysis, as well as engage in a broader array of duties and developmental opportunities.
Check out the Internships at Emergent Holdings video to learn more.
Through coaching and mentoring relationships, interns will grow personally and professionally, as you acquire and understanding of, and experience with:
- Gathering, analyzing data and presenting analysis.
- Updating and presenting reports for pricing, loss reserving, product development or other areas of the company.
- Performs duties related to the major functional areas of our business for our AF Specialty, Actuarial, and Data Science teams.
- Prepares and delivers presentation(s) on assigned topic(s).
- Gains an understanding of how AF Group runs and how commercial insurance works.
- Shows punctuality, professionalism, and a positive attitude when completing assignments.
- Managing and prioritizing multiple deliverables against deadlines
- Using company software applications to complete assignments
- Responding to internal and external customer inquiries
- Attending unit, departmental, and corporate meetings
- Have status as a sophomore, junior or senior as of the end of the spring term (or be enrolled in an applicable graduate program.
- Have status as a rising freshman, at least 18 years-old, who is enrolled in or has completed a vocational insurance-related program, with some college credits.
- Hold a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better as of the most recent grading period.
- Be able to work full-time during normal business hours for this summer.
- Be available to begin employment between mid-May and mid-June.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE: Currently enrolled and active in any educational degree program that aligns with our various businesses.
EXPERIENCE: With proper education credentials no experience necessary. Previous work experience preferred.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of computers and company standard software; Internet research experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to proofread documents for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to perform necessary mathematical computations.
- Ability to comprehend consequences of various situations and make appropriate individuals aware of same for decision making.
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely and to present ideas, report facts and other information.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines while maintaining composure during stressful situations occurring as a result of workloads and/or deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Work is performed in a home office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
Pay rate offered is dependent on completed progress through education program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.