Entry Level Nuclear Engineer
At Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) a culture of diversity, teamwork, personal development, and collaboration is key to our success. Join a company that is just as focused on its employees as it is on its customer.
The NNL Surface Ship & Prototype Programs (SSP) Department is looking for a Nuclear Engineer / Scientist to join the Shield Design team. In this role there are opportunities to design and analyze radiation shielding for next-generation naval nuclear propulsion plants, to participate in new shield material research and development, and to develop and implement radiation surveys for benchmarking and validation of our shield designs.
REQUIRED SKILLS *
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university required.
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year of relevant experience
- MS in Nuclear Engineering or Engineering Physics
- Experience with computational modeling and analysis of radiation transport problems
- Demonstrated scripting/programming skills, especially with Python
- Experience utilizing high performance computing systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills