Compliance Engineer (Entry Level)
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is seeking an entry level Compliance Engineer for our Radiation Health organizational unit at our Naval Reactors Facility (NRF) located in the beautiful, picturesque Idaho Falls, Idaho area location. This position will provide radiation protection and health physics support to ensure site compliance with operational, design, regulatory and program requirements.
• Administering and overseeing internal monitoring programs (both in-vivo and in-vitro)
• Cognizant or assist in area and environmental monitoring programs
• Establishing controls and limits for work with mixed and varied radioactive nuclides
• Evaluation of radiation detection equipment
• Operating an external monitoring program
• Performing dose assessments
• Performing radiological engineering calculations
• Programs or projects to ensure compliance with operational, design, regulatory and program requirements
• Working with records in preparing exposure histories
If you are interested in working in an exciting and challenging, teaming environment which supports the United States Navy's global mission, come join an exciting team at NNL as we innovate and make things better!
Apply Now, we look forward to reviewing your credentials!
REQUIRED SKILLS *
- Bachelor’s degree in technical, engineering or science-related field from an accredited college or university
• Ability to work on individual assignment(s) independently as well as being a member of a small team(s).
• Ability to work without close supervision and make sound independent decisions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Health Physics (or related field) from an accredited college or university.
• Current or previous health physics or radiological engineering experience with administration of radiation safety program.
• Desire to pursue American Board of Health Physics Certification.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word).
• Strong interpersonal skills with internal and external personnel.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Willingness to be trained and learn new skill(s) as needed.