Software Engineer Intern
Join the New Relic Internship Program! Ranked #12 of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the country by Vault, #2 for Best Software Engineering & Development Internships, #4 for Quality of Life, and #4 by Industry for Technology & Engineering! As part of our program, you’ll receive career development, professional networking opportunities and work on projects with real-world impact to the business and our customers. In addition, we offer competitive pay, involvement in our employee resource groups, a formalized mentorship program, and so much more!
The Summer 2023 Internship Program will start with 2 weeks of part time hours (20 hrs/week) from Monday, May 22 through Friday, June 2. The remainder of the program will be full time hours (40 hrs/week) from Monday, June 5 through Friday, August 4.
We are seeking a Software Engineer Intern to join the Telemetry Data Platform team! This team is jointly responsible for making every query that comes into our platform possible, fast, and returning results in a way that meets or exceeds customer expectations. You will have the opportunity to work closely with Dirac to make the data that customers are sending us more valuable to them so that they send us more and have increased delight in using our platform. In addition, you will partner closely with your manager on professional development and career growth.
What you'll do
- Develop the query language engine at New Relic
- Work as a single unit while continuing to collaborate and stay connected with other teams
- Learn how to iteratively improve
- Triage system issues
This role requires
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's program, in a software related field, with an expected graduation date between December 2023-June 2024
- Proficiency in Java or other object oriented programming languages
- Delight in learning new things
- Strong communication and team skills (both verbal and written)
Bonus points if you have
- Exposure to developing and operating within a 24x7 SaaS business
- Familiarity with agile development practices
- Exposure to multi-threaded software development
- Experience in database implementation
- Desire and curiosity about the public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Excited to learn Kubernetes for container orchestration