Product Security Automation & Tooling Engineer Intern
Join the New Relic Internship Program! Ranked #12 of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the country by Vault, #2 for Best Software Engineering & Development Internships, #4 for Quality of Life, and #4 by Industry for Technology & Engineering! As part of our program, you’ll receive career development, professional networking opportunities and work on projects with real-world impact to the business and our customers. In addition, we offer competitive pay, involvement in our employee resource groups, a formalized mentorship program, and so much more!
The Summer 2023 Internship Program will start with 2 weeks of part time hours (20 hrs/week) from Monday, May 22 through Friday, June 2. The remainder of the program will be full time hours (40 hrs/week) from Monday, June 5 through Friday, August 4.
Vulnerability Management is a crucial part of meeting our quality goals, security posture expectations, and regulatory/legal requirements. The team goal is to reduce toil when it comes to remediating security bugs in order to get them addressed within SLA and uphold the promises we have made to our customers and ourselves. You will have the opportunity to automate a key process within security to support the goals of the team.
What you'll do
- Own a project start to finish, including, understanding the requirements, collaborating with other engineers, executing on a defined scope, and documenting efforts and lessons learned.
- Meet and learn from experts across the entire security organization to gain exposure to different security career paths.
- Participate fully in the internship program and learning about New Relic.
- Build and deliver a presentation for the Security Team on your work.
This role requires
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's program with an expected graduation date between December 2023-June 2025
- Desire to be hands-on engineer, either writing automation, administering tools, or building dashboards in Jira
- Experience in coding/scripting through coursework, helpdesk, or other relevant platform
Bonus points if you have
- Strong curiosity about information security