IPG Health Bold Beginners Internship Program: Editorial
2023 Summer Internship Program
***OUR APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN ON A ROLLING BASIS ***
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
IPG Health’s Bold Beginners Internship Program is designed to offer college students the opportunity to learn about a career in healthcare advertising. Interns will work in real-world business situations, attend seminars on the different aspects of the industry and learn about the inner workings of an agency.
Each week is strategically broken down to help our interns make the most out of their time here. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday are spent working in your assigned department along with a personalized mentor to show you the way. Tuesdays also include lunch and learns where we network with senior leadership across each department and enjoy various NYC lunch options (on us). Thursday is reserved for teams to work on the client project which is presented in pitch format to our C-level executives as well as the client at the end of the summer.
START DATE: Monday, June 12, 2023
END DATE: Friday, August 11, 2023
SCHEDULE: Full-time (Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM)
FORMAT: Virtual or Hybrid-Optional
SALARY: $18/hr + OT
(The pay rate for this position is noted within this job posting. Where a prospective employee is paid this rate will depend on, among other factors; market considerations; budgetary considerations; as well as the applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.)
What We Do: We are the cornerstone of copy quality control. We collaborate with our strategic and creative teams to craft multichannel promotions that are clean, consistent, and compliant.
What You’ll Do:
- Copyedit, proofread, and fact check utilizing electronic routing system
- Become an editorial wizard by learning best practices to achieve maximum efficiency and quality control
- Apply your writing skills to the industry by learning how to tailor the editorial review to meet brand team and client expectations
- Attend status and startup meetings to contribute to timeline development and learn how to work with a cross-disciplinary group effectively
- Learn how to own the process of generating and updating individual brand style sheets
- Brush up on your medical terminology, AMA style, and FDA/OPDP regulations so you can speak (and write) pharma like a pro!
-Rising junior, senior, or recent graduate from an accredited college or university
-Passion for advertising/marketing, English, Creative Writing and/or health sciences
-Available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week for the duration of the 9-week program
-Possess solid communication, computer, and presentation skills
-You are a grammar fanatic and no error can get past you