Our teammates are at the core of what we believe in: People, Collaboration, Learning, and Excellence (PeopleCLE). We look to hire individuals who are committed to our purpose of uniting and inspiring our city through the power of team. Our mission is to win the World Series while creating a compelling fan experience. If you believe you possess these important traits, please consider a career with the Cleveland Guardians.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Support conceptualizing, designing, and editing graphics for the Guardians organization that uphold our brand standards and guidelines. This person will work cross-functionally to create graphics and designs for any array of internal departments. Throughout this internship, this individual will produce content for multiple platforms including website, mobile, social media, digital signage and more.
The expectation of this internship is 40 hours/week beginning in January 2023 through the end of baseball season.
All applicants for employment with the Cleveland Guardians will need to comply with the Cleveland Guardians Vaccination Policy as a condition of employment. Potential candidates for employment will be notified of the requirements of this policy prior to the start of employment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Create graphic design content for multiple digital platforms including web, mobile, social media and digital
- Assist in completing content request submissions from internal departments including Special Events, Ticket Sales, Corporate Partnerships, Social Media and more
- Support the Lead Brand Designer in continuing to evolve the Guardians core brand design and uphold design in all content created
- Contribute original and fresh ideas during brainstorming sessions
- Assist with the organization, storage and archiving of design element files
- Assist in gathering assets (original and stock) including images and video to be used by the marketing creative team
- Support in content creation for Guardians social media accounts and associated accounts including serving as the primary content creator for CLEInspires account
- Provide support and collaborate with Communications and Player Relations team to create and produce compelling and engaging social media content
- Assist with trafficking all social media graphics for review and approval
- Capitalize on tending topics by creating quick-turn graphics
- Ensure social media content aligns with Guardians social media voice and brand standards
- Create Canva templates to be used by larger organization that support the Guardians core brand design
- Assist in reviewing designs and content created by the organization’s Canva users
- Manage uploading brand assets for use including logos, photos, templates, and more
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Animation, Motion Design, Graphic Design or related field – or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in design for social media
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Proven organizational skills, attention to detail, self-starter and ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of baseball rules and understanding of baseball scoring
- Awareness of popular culture and trending topics
We are looking for a variety of skill sets. If you have demonstrated experience with one or more of the following, you may be who we are looking for.
- Some experience in Cinema 4D or other 3D software
- Some experience with Canva
- Proven interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and be self-motivated to complete tasks within tight deadlines
- Highly organized, with good time management skills and attention to detail
- Team player with a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Reads, speaks, comprehends, and communicates English effectively
- Represents the Cleveland Guardians in a positive fashion to all business partners and the general public.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationship with members of the Front Office.
- Ability to act according to the organizational values and service excellence at all times.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and have a demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand for an entire shift.
- Ability to work extended days and hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to move throughout all areas and levels of the Ballpark.
- Ability to work in a complex and changing environment.
- Occasional physical activity such as lifting and carrying boxes up to 50 lbs.
The Cleveland Guardians are committed to developing and maintaining an environment that embraces all forms of diversity to enrich our core values, enhance our competitive position, strengthen our impact within our community, and foster a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
In this spirit, we know studies have shown that people from historically underserved groups - including women and people of color - are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and understand that candidate may bring certain skills and experiences to the role that are not listed in our job description, but that would add tremendous value to our organization. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.