The Central Massachusetts Regional Planning Commission (CMRPC), located at 1 Mercantile Street in downtown Worcester, seeks qualified applicants for the full-time position of Administrative Assistant to work in a fast-paced environment, offering administrative support to over 40 staff members. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the preferred candidate should possess exceptional organizational skills, the ability to attend to details while multi-tasking, a pleasant professional demeanor, a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn. This individual should have excellent word processing, document proofing, social media experience, website management skills, including experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, WordPress, Canva and Constant Contact. Occasional night meetings and travel within the region are required.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Perform highly responsible administrative and communication functions which require independent professional judgment and discretion.
- Assist with all activities related to on-site, virtual or hybrid meetings, including scheduling, room set up, catering and organizing meeting materials. Preparing meeting agendas and taking minutes in accordance with the Open Meeting Laws.
- Produce and distribute monthly newsletters, press releases, annual report, brochures and marketing materials.
- Maintain all current email and Constant Contact lists.
- Handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, while having a great attention to detail.
- Work in a team environment to complete deadline-driven projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned or deemed necessary.
- Exceptional communication skills, including clarity in public speaking, writing and editing. Ability to communicate effective orally and in writing to diverse audiences.
- Microsoft office, website and social media skills.
- Positive attitude, self-motivator and strong interpersonal skills.
- Organized and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced business environment.
- Prior municipal or governmental experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Public Policy or a related field or an Associate’s degree with 3 yrs relevant experience.
Starting salary will range from $40,000-$50,000, based on qualifications and experience. This is a full-time (37.5 hrs/week) position offering flexibility for a work/life balance, an excellent fringe benefit package and membership in the Massachusetts State Retirement System. Free parking in the attached parking garage. This position is exempt under the guidelines of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act.
Resume and letter of interest should be emailed to Janet Pierce, Executive Director: email@example.com
Priority will be given to applications received on or before November 18, 2022. This position is open until filled. Candidates must have legal authorization to work in the USA and a valid driver’s license and/or the ability to arrange transportation to meetings in different parts of the region. CMRPC is an EOE/AA employer. CMRPC takes pride in the diversity of its workforce and encourages all qualified persons to apply.