Research Assistant III-Sanna Lab
ABOUT US: Scripps Research is ranked the most influential institution in the world for its impact on innovation. We expand basic knowledge in the biosciences and use these fundamental advancements to develop profound innovations that improve wellbeing. Our educational and training programs mold talented and committed students and postdocs into leading edge scientists. If you have a passion for making a difference, this could be your opportunity to join our transformative team.
POSITION TITLE: Research Assistant III-Sanna Lab
This position from Sanna lab involves biochemistry and molecule biology to join a multidisciplinary effort to study the neuro-biological and neuro-immunological bases of drug addiction. Will perform research and conduct a wide variety of standard laboratory procedures for projects, analyze data and interpret results, investigate, troubleshoot and modify methods and procedures as necessary, may assist in designing experiments, may provide routine equipment maintenance as well as guidance/training to other department personnel and perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required or assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skill and abilities have been attained.
- Requires a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience.
- Candidates possessing a master’s degree, 3+ years’ experience required.
- Pipette techniques with precision and accuracy, comfortable in using and learning software applications.
- Molarity calculations in preparing solutions.
- Cell based assays in cell plates, ELISA, Fluorescence detection with microplate reader, Cell culture aseptic techniques, handling, storage and maintenance of primary and cell lines, Cell transfection, lipid-based and/or magnetofection and handling of plasmids, Antibody-based cell separation techniques using magnetic columns.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED TECHNIQUES:
- BSL2+ level of biosafety for virus and viral vector work
- FACS (flow cytometry)
- Bio-layer interferometry using Octet platform
- Sample prep for Mass spec, NMR
This position works in a laboratory or vivarium environment. Further details of the physical requirements of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
COMPENSATION: The expected hiring range for this position is $59,987 to $75,005 per year, commensurate with experience. Consideration will be given to experience that exceeds the listed requirements.
The above statements describe the level of work performed and expected in general terms. The statements are not intended to list all the responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of employees so classified, and the content herein is subject to change due to the business needs of Scripps Research, with or without notice. Furthermore, nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Scripps Research staff.
The Scripps Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background in the fields of science. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status. Underrepresented individuals are encouraged to apply.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until restrictions change, interviews will be conducted virtually.