Project Manager I – Center for Therapeutics Discovery
Join the Cleveland Clinic team, where you will work alongside passionate caregivers and provide patient-first healthcare. Cleveland Clinic is recognized as the No. 4 hospital in the nation, according to the U.S. and World News Report. At Cleveland Clinic, you will work alongside passionate and dedicated caregivers, receive endless support and appreciation, and build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the world.
Project Manager in Medicinal Chemistry will have the opportunity to learn and apply cutting-edge technologies in compound synthesis and purification and participate in the pharmacological testing and evaluation of compounds in teams across multiple therapeutic areas. The role demands a goal-driven approach with the ability to achieve time-sensitive objectives in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
Your primary duties will include:
- Assisting in the development of department projects.
- Participating in the achievement of operational objectives.
- Tracking and communicating progress of projects.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of department projects.
- Participates in achieving operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Participates in preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; participates in resolving problems, completing audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements and implementing change.
- Assists in meeting financial objectives by participating in developing forecasting requirements.
- Participates in preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures.
- Analyzes variances and initiates corrective actions.
- Sets and manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Medicinal Chemistry Job Specific Duties:
- Synthesize and purify target molecules with minimal supervision
- Record and interpret analytical data (LC-MS, NMR)
- Learn and utilize primary SAR and DMPK data into ligand design
- Adherence to all CCF guidelines, including safety practices
- Contribute experimental for manuscripts and patent applications with project team.
- Associate’s degree.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Effective relationship building skills are required.
- Minimum of one year of experience coordinating projects required.
- Offset: High School diploma/GED and three years of experience.
- Offset: Bachelor’s degree may substitute for experience.
- Education: Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Chemistry with emphasis in Organic Chemistry.
- Experience: 0-5 years in a pharmaceutical company, biotech, or related drug discovery institute with experience in practice of medicinal chemistry desired but not required. Training in area of synthesis and purification of organic compounds with capacity for independent problem solving and desire to learn the drug and probe discovery process.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- May require periods of sitting, standing and the ability to walk to various locations throughout the health system to attend meetings.
- Must have normal or corrected vision and be able to clearly communicate verbally by phone or in person.
- Must have own transportation to travel to multiple sites.