Technical Product Manager, Intern - 2023
At Jack Henry, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you’ll join us. We can’t do it without you.
What is Product Management?
While engineers are the behind-the-scene contributors that are responsible for writing the code that products are built upon, product managers are the market-facing drivers that work to understand the market, the pain point that customers are experiencing and then translate those use cases into requirements that tell the engineers what needs to be built.
As a Technical Product Manager, Intern - 2023, you'll be a key player in the development effort of crafting documentation for internal stakeholders and performing market research that will help shape the future of Jack Henry's largest product build in history. You are in the early stage of developing as a professional and at Jack Henry, you will be growing your skillset through meaningful experiences and continuous feedback from those around you. We're seeking someone who is humble, hungry, entrepreneurial driven, innovative and driven to produce creative and quality work.
To be successful in this role, a candidate must possess excellent presentation and communication skills.
This position will be full-time hours (40 hours per week) and can be worked remotely or out of any of our Jack Henry office locations. This position pays $22.00/hour and has a start date of June 5, 2023. The ten-week program will conclude on August 11, 2023.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Perform market research around our industry and competitors.
- Develop product briefs and other documentation.
- Produce internal facing content; such as, product briefs and podcast interviews that promote our products to internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to organizing business unit processes and procedures into documentation.
What you’ll need to have:
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university.
- Pursuing an associate's or bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Software Development, Corporate Communications, or Graphic Design.
- An identified graduation date of December 2023 or May 2024.
- Be able to work 40 hours per week throughout the ten-week program with minimum absences throughout the ten-week program.
- Meet legal requirements to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period without any sponsorship.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Previous working experience in Sales, Marketing, Corporate Communications, or Graphic Design.
- Ability to self-direct and manage multiple projects; as well as interact and build relationships across the organization at different levels of seniority.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and form independent judgments and think creatively.
- Basic understanding of the FinTech industry.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet motivated people who align with Jack Henry’s mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
Why Jack Henry?
Jack Henry's internship program offers specialized training for individuals still developing their skills through college/university program. Through Jack Henry’s internship program, interns will partner with the industry’s best talent to produce highly visible results that impact the business and Jack Henry’s customers. Interns will receive paid on the job training through mentorship and hands-on learning experiences that will build upon and expand their current professional skillset.
Culture of Commitment
Ask our associates why they love Jack Henry, and many will tell you it is because our culture is exceptional. We do great things together. Rising to meet challenges and seeking opportunities is part of who we are as an organization. Our culture has helped us stay strong through challenging times and we credit our dedicated associates for our success. Visit our Corporate Responsibility site to learn more about our culture and commitment to our people, customers, community, environment, and shareholders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.