Compliance Operations Summer Intern
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Compliance Operations Intern has various responsibilities to assist with effectively and efficiently executing various components of the Compliance Program. The position is intended to be a short-term opportunity for an undergraduate to obtain hands-on experience in global transparency, compliance training, monitoring & auditing, field relations and working with data metrics identifying risk through trends analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support Compliance Operations initiatives as assigned
- Gain insights into healthcare regulatory compliance program (the “Compliance Program”) design and how it runs comporting with laws, regulations and industry standards that include, among other topics, state and federal anti-kickback statutes, Stark compliance, open payments and related regulations and reporting practices (e.g., the Sunshine Act), compliance with FDA, CMS and relevant regulatory requirements, and compliance with applicable corporate codes and policies (e.g., the Company’s Code of Conduct on Interactions with Health Care Professionals, which is based on the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals)
- Build understanding of global transparency reporting obligations, including assisting with data integrity stewardship.
- Assist in various proactive and reactive monitoring and auditing activities, including but not limited to review of field observation reports, customer relations database, transparency reporting data, etc.
- Assist in creation and delivery of new employee onboarding or other compliance training content (virtual, e-Learning and/or live facilitated training), as assigned.
- Participate in creation and maintenance of metrics for various levels of regulatory compliance monitoring, reporting and governance.
- Participate in meetings with various functions across the organization to conduct monitoring and auditing activities.
- Gain insights into data analytics for compliance policy in making decisions and policy.
- Support reviews of internal tracking spend data to ensure complete and accurate data.
- Ability to independently identify trends and/or risks based upon data analysis.
- Ability to train and educate other functions on various components of good documentation practices such as expense reporting, accurate tracking of transfers of value to healthcare professionals and teaching institutions, how to use internal spend tracking tool, etc.
- Manage and successfully execute ad hoc projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Enrollment towards Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, legal studies, management, healthcare compliance, or marketing.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.