Program Associate - Health Law Section
Job Summary/General Purpose of Job
The Program Associate assists in the design and development of programs, projects and activities of the entity. Responsible for the implementation of programs and projects under the supervision of the program director or manager. Held accountable for the successful execution of assigned programs/projects.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Distance Learning Committee lead, including coordination with volunteer leaders in the development of up to 36 distance learning webinars each year. Includes webinar production and management
- Committee administration for Section’s 20 Interest Groups. Will support Associate Director in tracking Interest Group leaders.
- Conference support for 3-4 in-person conferences each year. Under direction of the Meetings Manager will support the administration as needed. Travel required. Will also assist in creation of event registration web pages
- Manager of the Appointments process for over 200 ABA leaders, including for creating the Section’s Directory and maintaining leader's database in Excel. Will also be responsible for entering all leaders into the ABA’s master directory (Red Book)
- Law Student outreach lead. Responsible for Health Law Society outreach and tracking, as well as administering the Law Student Writing Competition
- Administrative support of Director and Associate Director
- Performs other related duties as required.
Required Education, Qualifications, Experience
A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Prior experience working with programs or projects, preferably in an association or non-profit setting.
Preferred Education, Qualifications, Experience
Experience, preferably in an association or non-profit setting. Research, writing experience, and meeting planning experience. Fundraising or grant application experience is a plus.